If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the period set out below in clause 8.3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your right to cancel is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau. Please note that this right to cancel only applies to consumers ordering Products online and if you have purchased goods in our showroom or are a business or trade customer this right to cancel does not apply.
However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of any custom-made products, such as range cookers that are made in a specific colour pursuant to your request.
You have the right to cancel the Contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire physical possession of the Products.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract by sending a clear statement to us in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We suggest that you keep a copy of your notification for your records. You may use the model cancellation form set out in the Schedule, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
If you cancel the Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Products supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will deliver Products to you in bubble wrap and delivery boxes. Whilst you are permitted to remove this delivery packaging to inspect the Products, in the same way as you would be able to do in a shop, you are not permitted to open the sealed packaging surrounding the Product. If you open the sealed packaging or make any attempt to install the Product we may deduct the loss in value of that Product from the reimbursement. We recommend that you do not install any Product until the 14 day cancellation period has expired.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back any Products supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the Products, or
- if no Products were supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction (e.g. the credit card or debit card used by you to pay for the Products), unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the Products back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the Products, whichever is the earliest.
If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 8 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of a defective Product in full, any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us, provided that:
- in the case of a defect that is apparent on normal visual inspection, within 5 working days of delivery; and
- in the case of a latent defect, within a reasonable time of the latent defect having become apparent. If you have not given notice of any defects in the Products within the relevant time period, it shall be deemed to have accepted the Products.
If the Products were delivered to you:
- we will collect the Products. You must contact us as soon as reasonably practicable and arrange a date and time for us to collect the Products from you. You must ensure that the Products, together with the original packaging, transit packaging and all items and spare parts delivered with the Product are available for collection on the agreed collection date; and
- unless the Products are faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 8.10), you will have to bear the direct costs of returning the Products in accordance with clause 8.11(a). The cost is estimated at a maximum of approximately 50; and
- you have a legal obligation to keep the Products in your possession and to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession.
As a consumer, you will always have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by the returns policy in this clause 8 or these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau.