Sparkworld Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
You may be asked to provide personal data whilst you are in contact with us. Personal data is information that can be used to identify or contact you. You do not have to provide the personal data that we request, however, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with the products and/or services that you have requested.
If we combine personal data with non-personal data, the combined information will be treated as personal data for as long as it remains combined.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation and the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Legislation”) the data controller is Sparkworld Limited of 9 Battle Road, Heathfield Industrial Estate, Heathfield, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 6RY.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us personal data by filling in forms on our site sparkworld.co.uk or corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or requesting further services and when you report a problem with our site. The personal data you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect from you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we may receive about you if you use any of the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, third party finance providers, sub-contractors in payment services, manufacturers who deliver direct and analytics providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us. We will use your personal data:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about offers and services that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or text) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out at any time by contacting us. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have provided your explicit consent to this. If you are happy for us to use your personal data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your personal data (the order form);
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- Information we collect from you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about offers or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information (including personal data) to the following categories of third parties:
- third party finance providers;
- suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- Manufacturers who deliver direct to you.
Your personal data will not be shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- where we have your consent to do so;
- to provide and/or improve our services and products;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Sparkworld Limited or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you will be one of the transferred assets; and
Under Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access. You have the right to request access to information held about you. We will provide you with a copy of your personal data held by us free of charge (providing your request is not excessive or for multiple copies, in which case we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs) and certain information about the processing of your personal data and the source of such data (if not directly collected from you by us). You also have the right to request that your personal data is transferred to another data controller
- Right to object to data processing. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us or ticking a box to opt out of receiving marketing materials. Upon receipt of your notification, we shall promptly stop any processing of your personal data and (if requested by you) erase such information if we are not required to retain it for legitimate business or legal purposes.
- Right of rectification and right of erasure. You have the right to request that we correct or erase any inaccuracies in your personal data if such information would be incomplete, inaccurate or processed unlawfully.
You can also exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. We may reject requests that are unreasonable or require disproportionate effort (for example, such a request would result in a fundamental change to our existing practice) or risk the privacy of others.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Personal data retention
Last updated: 22 November 2017